Welcome to the GTOPerformance car club forum!

Moderators: Chronos_c4, GTOrange

Sfriedman
Topic Author

Red GTO in good shape needing a new Owner

Wed 31 May, 2017 10:18 pm

Hi all,
My name is Sol.
I always wanted a red 3000 GT and bought one in Canada in 2005. I put it in storage when I left Canada in 2012 and moved to New Zealand.
I then bought a red  1991 GTO in New Zealand in 2012. It had 157,000 km on the clock when I bought it, and it has less than 158,500 km now, so you can see how little I've driven it in the 5 years I've owned it. The car I use daily is a Pajero.
The car is in great shape, and has had WoF's issued every six months since I've had it. However the water pump seized last week on my way to get the next WoF .
I'm reluctant to pay for the water pump and cambelt to be replaced when the car stands in my garage and hardly gets used, and also because I'm considering an overseas move again.
I would hate to see such a lovely car end up on a scrap heap or in a wreckers yard.
I'm hoping that one of the members of this forum would either be interested in the vehicle or knows someone who might.
I live in the Wellington area, and can be contacted on (021) 900 140, or send an email to sol.friedman2011@gmail.com and I will send some pics of the vehicle

Sfriedman
Topic Author

Re: Red GTO in good shape needing a new Owner

Sun 13 Aug, 2017 8:02 pm

Hi all,
It's Sol here,
Just to let you know that I received a positive response to my ad, and sold the vehicle to a buyer who is getting it repaired, and is looking forward very much to driving it. He has wanted one his whole life.
I miss the vehicle but have another one in storage in Canada that I hope to use again one day there.
This forum was a big help to me, and I appreciate the opportunity it gave me to make contact with other GTO enthusiasts.
Happy motoring,
Best regards.

Gazza
Club Treasurer

Re: Red GTO in good shape needing a new Owner

Tue 15 Aug, 2017 12:00 pm

Hi Sol,
I'm not sure why I never saw your original message, or I would have said hi.  It's good to see it going to another owner who might actually look after it properly!
au naturel.