Welcome to the GTOPerformance car club forum!

Moderators: Chronos_c4, GTOrange

RottweilerluvNZ
Topic Author

ex Gtohammer_NZ, back from the deadzone! glad to see the community still going strong!

Tue 18 Apr, 2017 10:38 pm

Chronos_c4, GTOrange - good to see you guys are still here? I presume you're the same guys since way back? I must have been prob 2006, 7 odd doing the forum thing. 

I was on the old forum, under gtohammer_nz, a blue V6 Twin Turbo.  Don't know if you'll remember me but you might when I get some pics up of my old girl 'Chantelle'

Will post pics soon.  Looking forward to getting back into it, I'd had the beast off the road for about several years!!! running mean these days just in dire need of a paint job, and an interior.

Keep it real, glad to be back in the mix.  Peace!

Chronos_c4
Club President

Re: ex Gtohammer_NZ, back from the deadzone! glad to see the community still going strong!

Fri 21 Apr, 2017 8:52 pm

Haha wow mate welcome back. You vanished without a trace.
Gtorange sold up and moved to Aussie. I just got my blue 2nd gen going strong

Only a few of us left from the old forum
Follow the progress: My rides thread HERE

Gazza
Club Treasurer

Re: ex Gtohammer_NZ, back from the deadzone! glad to see the community still going strong!

Fri 21 Apr, 2017 9:18 pm

Old guard reporting in.  I also moved to Aussie, but refused to sell the car  :lol:

There's probably only a handful of us that were around in '06.  Magn1t is still here too.  I think.  Steve, where are you?!
Last edited by Gazza on Mon 24 Apr, 2017 10:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
au naturel.

Ivant

Sat 22 Apr, 2017 10:41 am

Well in all truthfulness it's a very dead site these days. Half a dozen posts a week at most, and that's on a good week. 

Chronos_c4
Club President

Sun 23 Apr, 2017 9:00 pm

As the number of GTOs in the country drop, so does the average age for the owners, as the youngens can now afford the broken beaten cars.
so naturally they find it easier to converse via the Facebook page, but the knowledge and content will always be here

I for one will keep coming both here and the facebook.....well....because theyre both easy?

us relics who have been part of the club since 2006/2007 are here to guide and answer the series of questions.

Ivant

Mon 24 Apr, 2017 9:01 am

Chronos_c4 wrote:
As the number of GTOs in the country drop, so does the average age for the owners, as the youngens can now afford the broken beaten cars.
so naturally they find it easier to converse via the Facebook page, but the knowledge and content will always be here

I for one will keep coming both here and the facebook.....well....because theyre both easy?

us relics who have been part of the club since 2006/2007 are here to guide and answer the series of questions.

Statements referring to members as relics, and a dictatorial attitude, are maybe one reason that the site is on the wane.   

Chronos_c4
Club President

Mon 24 Apr, 2017 9:44 am

even when im referring to myself?  righto
doesnt sound so bad/offensive to me? its not an attack at peoples age or anything.....

as with anything, youre welcome to contribute to a greater cause, just like any citizen has the right to become a politician/prime minister if they want things to change.

Every car forum i am part of has been suffering from the same social network phenomenon for the past 7 years just the same as us. Thankfully we have a band of loyal people that just want to keep their cars going and share info with the other like-minded, easy to deal with folk.

Its good to see GTO_Hammer come back to us.

magn1t

Mon 24 Apr, 2017 5:53 pm

I'm still here too.
Daily driving the red one, the other one is yet more modified.

It's the same with all car forums. 
They start off when the cars are expensive, they get cheaper, kids get hold of them and wreck them, they ask the questions, do it all wrong then end up selling them off for bits once they've blown up.

Facebook.........it's for anyone who has any sort of opinion.

These things will start going up in value soon.
quote from barryboys.
Yes, yes, yes, that might be so, but you're clearly missing the bigger picture.....
4 intercoolers!!!!!!!!
Beat that!!!!

Gazza
Club Treasurer

Mon 24 Apr, 2017 6:39 pm

magn1t wrote:

I agree.  I think the Twin Turbos are at the bottom of the market now, there are almost none for sale that are in working condition.  The NA will probably never be worth a hell of a lot.
au naturel.

Ivant

Mon 24 Apr, 2017 9:34 pm

magn1t wrote:
I'm still here too.
Daily driving the red one, the other one is yet more modified.

It's the same with all car forums. 
They start off when the cars are expensive, they get cheaper, kids get hold of them and wreck them, they ask the questions, do it all wrong then end up selling them off for bits once they've blown up.

Facebook.........it's for anyone who has any sort of opinion.

Really, you think so. I've only known any car to go down in price. Any car I've ever owned anyway. I wish I'd held on to my 83 silver knight-rider. Just couldn't stand driving a manual V8. It's gotta be an auto. Bloody nice car that. 

box

Mon 24 Apr, 2017 10:00 pm

Ivant wrote:
Ivant wrote:

Really, you think so. I've only known any car to go down in price. Any car I've ever owned anyway. I wish I'd held on to my 83 silver knight-rider. Just couldn't stand driving a manual V8. It's gotta be an auto. Bloody nice car that. 

Just imagine what it would be worth now though.

There are cars and cars, the GTO is definitely the good type and I believe their time will come. 

magn1t

Mon 24 Apr, 2017 10:47 pm

I've still got my mark 3 zephyr I bought in june 1977.
I paid $1275 for it.
At the time I had a holiday job that just broke $100 a week if I worked sat mornings too.
So it was worth 13 weeks work to me. 3 months.

I'd like to think it's gone up in value even in the state it's in now.
But if it was running, I might get close to breaking even, thinking what's been done over the years.

But the only reason I've still got it is because I looked after it , probably better than a lot of other owners, while the thousands of others got smashed up.

But to be totally honest, old cars are pieces of crap really, they don't handle or stop well.
But they're "cool".
Last edited by magn1t on Mon 24 Apr, 2017 10:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
quote from barryboys.
Yes, yes, yes, that might be so, but you're clearly missing the bigger picture.....
4 intercoolers!!!!!!!!
Beat that!!!!

Gazza
Club Treasurer

Mon 24 Apr, 2017 10:53 pm

GT-HO Falcons are going for half a million dollars in Aussie these days.  Even the regular '70's GT Falcons are six figures.
au naturel.

RottweilerluvNZ
Topic Author

Wed 06 Sep, 2017 9:16 am

Chronos_c4 wrote:
Haha wow mate welcome back. You vanished without a trace.  
Gtorange sold up and moved to Aussie. I just got my blue 2nd gen going strong

Only a few of us left from the old forum

Oh mate it's awesome to see you guys still going strong!!! I had the GTO off the road for several years!!! just got it back on the road, going well for an old beast, in dire need of a body makeover but stoked the shop that fixed it did a real great job, will get some pics up soon, been out on the Auckland motorways quite a bit seen quite a few GTO's about.

Decided not to let her go after so long, so happy to be back on the road with it.

RottweilerluvNZ
Topic Author

Wed 06 Sep, 2017 9:20 am

Great to meet and see everyone, can't believe in more than over a decade I found this place again! when I got the blue beast back on the road it struck me wondering if the GTO forum was still going, stoked, thankfully I was lucky enough to find a good mech when it came time to decide to stop letting it rust away on the farm, never driven better - just a shame I parked in a bamboo plantation not long ago.........managed to pull the front bumper off lol...if it wasn't bad enough with the body at the moment.  I was stupid leaving it out, but hey end of the day it's road legal, running like a 1990 should, respectfully and sounds awesome.  Gotta hand it to the shops that she went through for her fix up, now just got to find a good panel beater and interior decorator.

Chronos_c4
Club President

Wed 06 Sep, 2017 9:46 pm

glad you got her on the road again :)

BATOOH

Thu 07 Sep, 2017 6:49 pm

Good luck posting pics on this site Rottweiler! I can't. Windows 10, or Photobucket- something is wrong with this site.
As far as the information thing that Chronos points out, yes there is plenty of Tech Opinion on here as opposed to Facebook. The boys on Facebook are on another planet as far as I'm concerned and I will not help them as you don't get any thanks from people on Facebook. There are some amazing FUPS occurring, even now - on F/B - but as Steve (Magnit) says above they are just slaughtering the  NZ population of GTO's and helping boost our future sales prices!. Starting with the Auto GTO. It's cheap, it looks fast and there are probably 5 auto's to one TT. So the Auto's are being hunted to extinction (which I think is great- personally).
Um storing your GTO in a field of Bamboo, is - as you say, unwise, a bit of the old bamboo torture treatment huh. I for one look forward to seeing your pics when you get them on. Best Of Brit- well Kiwi.

Chronos_c4
Club President

Thu 07 Sep, 2017 8:41 pm

BATOOH wrote:
Good luck posting pics on this site Rottweiler! I can't. Windows 10, or Photobucket- something is wrong with this site.

haah mate the site is fine, im happy to upload them into your posts if you email them to me.

magn1t

Thu 07 Sep, 2017 8:58 pm

Post your pics onto" Iforce" then the link onto here.
It works for me.

http://www.iforce.co.nz/
quote from barryboys.
4 intercoolers!!!!!!!!
Beat that!!!!

Chronos_c4
Club President

Thu 07 Sep, 2017 8:59 pm

or walk through here...

viewtopic.php?f=35&t=1129