Welcome to the GTOPerformance car club forum!

Moderators: Chronos_c4, GTOrange

BATOOH
Topic Author

Trademe seller pushing Rare as GTO Diff.

Tue 26 Sep, 2017 8:53 pm

Invaderx will be interested in this. I did a buy now on the Diff a guy on Trademe had listed Sunday night as a rare GTO z15a diff. Before I went any further I questioned him as to what the label plate said and  he played coy, (there were no Photo's of this diff on the Trademe listing). After some emails to and fro he finally relented and he sent me a pic of the diff plate and it said "B5A". 

Moral of the story, leave the B3/4H's to me.! ..... Buyer beware....

box

Re: Trademe seller pushing Rare as GTO Diff.

Tue 26 Sep, 2017 10:40 pm

BATOOH wrote:
Moral of the story, leave the B3/4H's to me.! 

Ha. Yeah right :)

What on earth is a B5A? I've never heard of it. 

That same person (I think it was the same person) put the diff up for sale on the facebook page a few months back, I sent him a message asking those same questions (the code, the ratio and what it was out of) and never got an answer. Weird. 

BATOOH
Topic Author

Re: Trademe seller pushing Rare as GTO Diff.

Sun 08 Oct, 2017 8:00 am

Could somebody question this guy on Trademe as to why he thinks his Diff is out of a Z15A GTO?

https://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/car-pa ... 915972.htm

I will have a go myself but I don't think he will answer as I already have bad feedback with the guy.... as follows... BTW - the pic he sent me had a label plate on the diff that says B5A and 3.545. (It does not say viscous LSD). It's probably out of some 6g72 powered Mitsi like a Pajero, Diamante, Emeraude etc...

SEE IF YOU CAN SPOT THE COLD BLACK AND WHITE LIE HE TOLD...

On 25/09/2017 11:06 pm, 
So just take a pic of the normal silver sticker with the ratio on it and I can get happy and move forward...
[size=100][font=tahoma] 

calm down, it had a small lsd oil sticker on the filler plug, which is common on LSD equipped Mitsubishi diffs, and the normal silver sticker with the ratio on it

[/font][/size]

No save the tooth count Mike but how bout sending me a pic of the sticker that that says 3.545. You said  all it had was LSD oil sticker on it but now it has a 3.545 sticker....
[size=100] 
Subject: Re: Trade Me Reference # P152295497 -- Z15 Rare GTO turbo plate LSD

sticker on the rear cover says 3.545, if you want i could remove the rear cover again to do a tooth count

[/size]
Thanks Mike,

How do you know it’s 3.545??
[size=100]Subject: Re: Trade Me Reference # P152295497 -- Z15 Rare GTO turbo plate LSD

Hey Craig, all it had on it was a lsd oil sticker on it, i removed the rear cover to inspect it, it has a clutch plate diff center that looks very similar to what's found in RS Evos. It was sold to me as an electronic LSD but it's plainly not.

[/size]